Spring Walk 


As a daycare teacher, I always like to take my little ones for a walk, especially in spring time. It does not matter how long the walk is because it is a delightful experience to see so much on the street in the neighborhood. With bright sunshine, gentle breath and fresh air, it is so enjoyable walking outside. 


Usually, on the walk, we stop for observation. In the past few weeks, we have noticed the season changing. I asked my little friends how we now know it is springtime. They are all excited sharing what they see with me. Child M and I said they saw the green leaves on the trees. We stop at one of the trees and look closer to the leaves. The budding leaves on the trees are fascinating to my little friends, seeing the world come alive again. 


Then, we noticed more and more flowers growing in the area. With various colors and shapes, they become beautiful decorations in this wonderful time. My little friends talked about their favorite colors, yellow, purple, red, white, you name it! Not only that, the different shapes of the blooms also caught our attention. Some of them say the flowers look like cups, some of them look like balls and one of the purple flowers looks like grapes! I adore their imagination as well as appreciate their creativity to find out the small details in nature.


More often, we see birds on our walks. Crows, eagles and robins are the birds we see the most. We look for the nest that might be on the tree or guess where they are flying to. That more often adds another layer of excitement to the children. 


Walks are great learning opportunities for little minds to forster natural curiosity as well as connect the world.  I love walks with my little friends!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog