Can you show mom and dad the chiu-chiu train you made on the wall?



Throughout my teaching years, I always like to display my students’ work, especially the little one's arts and crafts. At the daycare, we make one arts project per week. It is usually simple with a few steps. However, I have noticed how displaying the artwork brings excitement and joy to the little ones. That makes me wonder what other benefits can be by showcasing their work?



Increase self-confidence

The little ones like to see and talk about their artwork when they see it on the wall. They are proud of their effort and feel valued for their individuality. Even though their work is processed art, they still have options for colors or on the arrangement. For example, when they make a chiu-chiu train, they can pick the colors and decide how to arrange the cars according to their desires, to show their individual expression. 


Create a positive learning environment 

A sense of belongings is significant for the young children to feel safe and then form a small community at a daycare. When the little ones see the classroom is more personalized, it encourages them to continue being engaged as well as respect the shared classroom. 


I also like to change the background to match the artwork displayed. It shows “my part” of this small community I create with my little ones and make a deeper connection between them and me!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog